A previous article on the topic of”The content of sulfates in water” describes in detail the harm of sulfate-containing sulphuric salts, their negative impact on the body, on production equipment, and household appliances due to the formation of sulfate scum. If the concentration of salts above the allowable limit of 500 mg/l in a liquid intended for drinking or technical needs is required, measures are required to remove the sulfates from the water. The easiest way to do this is with the help of household or industrial equipment from the company “Diesel,” which collects high-quality lines to purify water from different impurities.
If the water solution has increased stiffness, if it is increased sulfate, it means that there are sulfates in the water, and cleaning is required.
Ways To Clean Water From Sulfates
To purify water from sulfates, it is useless to use household methods – they are powerless to fight against sulfate-containing impurities.
We recommend using more effective methods of water purification with high sulfate content:
- Ion exchange filters;
- Reverse osmosis.
Salts are easier to remove using the principles of ion exchange or using productive reverse-homeotic installations. When water flows through the systems of filters of treatment lines, the overall rigidity of water is reduced, the concentration of sulfates is normalized, and the total salt content decreases.
Ion exchange filters from sulfates in water
The technological ion exchange process is based on the principle of passing through unionists – multi-component anion exchange resins. Strong reagents extract dissolved salt anions from the water, cleaning it from impurities.
Benefits of the method:
- The resin is depleted slowly, and it can be used for a long time, periodically removing the accumulated sediment.
- Reagents reduce the excess of sulfates in water and simultaneously clean the water from iron, stiffness, and organic substances.
- Water passes at least 5 steps of the reading – the output is a quality product.
- Resin regeneration is carried out with the help of inexpensive components – with the help of a saline solution of 8-12 % NaCl.
The method is convenient because it performs a complex water treatment: softening, dismissing, removal of organic impurities. How to clean the water from sulfates, which to choose resin as a multi-component filter load, will prompt the employees of our company, having studied the needs of the client.
Weaknesses in the use of ion-exchange method – you need to monitor:
- Process – when the filter is oversaturated, the sulfates can get into the purified liquid.
- The quality of the original water solution at the entrance to the system and clean water quality at the exit.
Anion exchange resins are quite expensive: about $250 for 20 kg or 25 liters. Therefore, ion exchange plants of water purification from sulfate are used to produce water solutions with a high concentration of sulfate-nitrite impurities for further industrial use of purified water. On the order of customers, we can complete household filters.
How to remove sulfates from the water with reverse osmosis
The ion exchange method has several significant drawbacks. You can choose another option – when there are many sulfates in the water, it is advisable to use reverse osmosis installations for cleaning. Water under high pressure passes through a series of membranes that pass water molecules in such treatment lines but delay all other impurities, including dissolved. The purified water – permeate – is ready for further use. The solution with the collected impurities is assembled in a septic tank. It can be cleaned or disposed of.
Benefits of reverse-osmotic installations (UOS):
- The water quality at the exit does not depend on the original composition. The most contaminated solutions with a high salt concentration of over 2000 mg/liter are cleaned to zero parameters.
- The installation helps to remove sulfates from the water with membrane filters. No chemical reagents are required to load – the method is environmentally safe.
- The devices are compact in size: a household back-esmost line, which will provide clean water to a multi-story cottage, fits under the kitchen sink.
- Comprehensive cleaning is carried out – rigidity is reduced; Desalination, deforestation, lightening is made; deodorizing, cleaning chemical compounds.
- Installations can be used for the home and solve different problems in any industry: food, medical, energy, electronics.
- In the UO of water, it is possible to clean any water – tap, artesian, river, sea, lake with cleaning up to 98-99.8%.
- At the exit, the water solution has no smell. When using other filters, water can smell reagents slightly.
- Compared to all other types of cleaning from the high content of sulfates in water, the reverse osmosis lines are most effective and productive.
When passing through membrane filters from water, solutions are removed from almost all harmful compounds – heavy metals, chlorides, fluoride, calcite. The liquid becomes demineralized. The ratio of purified and contaminated water is 2 to 1. To get 5000 liters of clean water, you need to pass through the treatment equipment 7500 liters, of which 2500 will go to drainage.
The disadvantages of using installations with increased sulfate content water – a high cost. But the costs are paid off by the high performance of the back-ism, ease of use, reliability, and duration of the operation.
What to do if there is an excess of sulfates in the water
We’ve described two main ways to remove sulfates from the water. Customers who contact our company can order ion exchange filters or prefer reverse-static installations of different performance.
- We will put together with modular blocks on the frame or in the container:
- For an apartment or a private house;
- For a small institution – cafe, bar, shop;
- For large manufacturing or industry;
- For CHP or boiler stations.
If you need to reduce the high water content of sulfates and conduct high-quality water treatment, we will collect a personal reverse-asymptotic line that meets all the technological requirements. Industrial installations are also compact as household units, taking up little space. Click “Order a call” to make an order, or contact us at Chat on the bottom right-hand page.