Let’s start by asking the right questions: What is an air cooler? How does it work? What are the pros and cons of it? We will try to answer these questions through their different characteristics.
What is an air cooler?
The air cooler is a device that lowers the ambient temperature of a room from 4 to 10 degrees Celsius using a cooling system that does not contain polluting refrigerants and thus delivers no greenhouse gases.
The Operating Principle
More economical to buy than a mobile air conditioner and, above all, much less energy-intensive, an air cooler’s purchase is a good compromise between efficiency and ecology.
Its operation is effortless; the device operates on the physical principle of “adiabatic cooling”, also described as a “hydro-cooling” phenomenon exploiting the ability of water to produce cold by evaporating. . Have you ever put a wet towel on your fan or put a very fresh bottle of water in front of it?
Well, the air cooler uses this same technique in a more improved and practical way. The device usually consists of a bin, a more or less large capacity, or you will have water. It is also possible to add ice cubes to the tray and the water to further refresh your room regarding the autonomy before the water is fully sold in the bin. You can refresh your room for 10 to about 30 hours of continuous use.
Once en route, the device will then suck in the warm ambient air, which will pass through the filter located inside the device; then, like a loop, the air comes out cooler, saving you up to an average of 5 to 7 degrees Celsius which is not insignificant.
In the room where the device is located, the air is dehydrated; it will moisten the ambient air and make it more breathable.
Its operation is also much more environmentally friendly than a standard or mobile air conditioner. In fact, the device consumes only energy and at a small amount. An air freshener will save you a lot more money than an air conditioner, especially if you use it all summer long.
You will find any air freshener. They have the distinction of being mobile, allowing them to be changed room easily so that everyone can enjoy it. These devices do not require any installation or special knowledge. Plug your device into the area, pour water into the bin and then start it. It also lowers the temperature without getting too cold, so with an air cooler, you will have less risk of getting sick and having a sore throat, as can be the case when using the air conditioner.
Finally, these appliances have been designed to make maintenance easy, so clean every part of your air cooler after a few uses, and its efficiency will only be improved.
The benefits of air Cooler:
- The air cooler is very easy to use, the installation of its settings is easy, and its maintenance is just as easy.
- Its operating principle is based on basic mechanics that make it particularly reliable.
- The maintenance of the unit is straightforward because it only requires cleaning and filling the water tank.
- Its water consumption is deficient, i.e. it consumes between 5 and 15 litres of water per day depending on the model.
- The air cooler requires little energy to operate. Indeed, with a power of about 100 Watts, the device can lower the temperature of an area of 20 to 30 m2.
The disadvantages of the air cooler:
- The cooling is limited because the device can only lower the temperature by up to 10 degrees Celsius compared to the outside temperature. It brings freshness but not the “cold” that can provide air conditioning.
- The device loses efficiency if the air is too humid. Indeed, particularly effective when the air is hot and dry, it’s functioning nevertheless leads to humidification of the space where it is located. It is, therefore, necessary to aerate this space regularly at the risk of bringing in heat.
- The device’s battery life is limited due to its operation, which requires the filter to remain moist. In addition, its water tray must remain full, which implies depending on the tank’s ability to fill it regularly.
- The air cooler does not adjust the temperature precisely, it cools the air, but you can not program a precise temperature to respect.
Therefore, the air cooler is a device to lower the room’s temperature, whose operating principle is based on water evaporation using airflow. The device has advantages but also disadvantages to take into account when your future purchase.